Thursday, June 24, 2010

Once and Forever

The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi, 1919 EDWARD EGGLESTONImage by Sheepback.Cabin via Flickr


I loved you in the long ago,


My heart was yours forever.


We shared life as sated as we might,


Tho, it really did not matter.


For, it ran away with the wind


             Leaving my heart soaring.


                  The freedom of my soul,


                       Spun like a disc, out of control.


                            When will we intertwine?


                                  Will we share this space again?


                                         Will it happen?


                                               Am I dreaming?


                                                      Can I just pretend?

             






      











                                

                     




                                      

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful way with words! I love it!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last phrase "Can I just Pretend" is what inspired me to write my latest blog post.

    You are an inspiration!!

    Love ya,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a verse that might go nicely at the start of a novel or story anthology?

    I feel like the subject of this poem passed away. ('Will we share this space again?') If that's true, and the poem is from life, I'm sorry.

    - Corra

    The Victorian Heroine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I appreciate you so much. I'm happy you found inspiration in my words and I love what you've done with that last line. It's beautiful!

    Corra, thank you. Yes, this may be used in book three of my trilogy.
    Your observations are so right and it was long ago, but a very sad time.

    ReplyDelete