Friday, November 27, 2009

I'll Miss You, NaNoWriMo!

I can't wait until next year! Yes, I said it, I can't wait until next year.
When I began the NaNo journey, I had no idea what I was in for. 50,000 words in 30 days. 1667 words a day. How hard can it be?

Well, all I can say is that the people who have have full time careers or are stay-at-home Moms (which is also a full time career), and actually finish NaNoWriMo, are the real heroes. Congrats! to all of you. This is definitely an endeavor, of which to be proud.

Now, that it is over, I am hoping to make sense out of the first draft of my novel and mold it into something that I would be proud to submit to an agent and/or publisher. Or even to self-publish, whatever the case may be. This experience has given me the confidence to work even harder to accomplish my dream of being a novelist.

I must say 'thank you' to my family, who understood what I was trying to accomplish and steered clear of me this month of November, for the most part. :-) My twitter NaNo friends, who were so supportive and helpful with writing tips and inspiration, I thank you.

How many of you will be signing up for the April Script Frenzy? Oops! Maybe, I should let the fingertips heal up a bit, before I ask that question.

If you have a minute, please post some of your NaNo nightmares.
Thank you, my friends,
Cynthia

8 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you, my TwitFriend! An amazing accomplishment in such a short time. I swear it seems like a week ago that people began tweeting about it. Where did the month of November go? Of course, there are a few days left. You just made the month seem shorter because you finished early LOL. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The month sure has flown by, Nikki. Thanks for your kind words. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, finishing a novel is not an easy task by any means. Now, the real fun begins, editing your manuscript! There's nothing like making people read your work that puts healthy anxiety and excitement into your system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert, you are reading my mind. I am so excited to be this far. Even though there is a long way to go, I am taking one step at a time. I love my story! (of course, I do) :-) I can't wait to clean it up and make it shine.
    Thank you for commenting
    If you would like to add your name as a follower of my blog, I would be honored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for mentioning stay at home mums. I'm still a bit raw after the experience, my two yr old can now say 'no puter' and my five yr old daughter made a more eloquent plea for me not to do a writing challenge again. (GUILT, guilt, guilt). On the other hand my eldest often came to see what I was writing and read some over my shoulder and enjoyed it. Congrats on your own success and here's to our rosy futures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison, Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it. I can imagine how hard it must have been for you with your little ones at home with you. I have three children, but they are grown with families of their own, so I have the time and the quiet that I need to write.
    Here is to pressing on with our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never wrote a script before so I don't no about that. Then again I never wrote a novel before but like you I made it. I loved it and will probably consider doing it again. But first to finish up my current rough draft. My recurring NaNo nightmare was somehow my product would get deleted. I was saving it to all sorts of places. Fortunately it remains intact.
    Lee
    http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lee, I appreciate your comment. I, too, was terrified that I would lose my words. :-) As I was typing I kept saving every 2 minutes or so. A bit obsessive, I know. LOL
    But, girlfriend, we made it. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete