Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Thin Place



     As my car headed straight for the trunk of a tree, I saw Him. He said, “No! No! Not yet. You are not done.” His palm facing toward me, like a traffic cop at a school bus stop, I took my foot from the brake, but not soon enough to divert an impact. But no, He wasn’t letting me go that easily. God intervened, on my behalf, to save my life and my soul. I believe that I have known many thin places.

     When I woke up in the hospital three hours later, I was told that I had flat-lined. The doctors were trying to revive me and they were just about ready to give up when my vitals began to register again. Apparently, they heard me say the word, why?  

     My ‘thin place’ wasn’t about my living or dying. It was clearly the vision of God shaking his head, no. It was when I felt His spirit, right there in my heart and in my whole being. I couldn’t help wondering, why me? Why would He acknowledge me? Why would He choose me to communicate with? Why would he save me?

     I knew from that point on, I needed to be an example of Him to others. I don’t have the answers to all of the why’s, but I’m sure He would want me to be caring, supportive and inspiring to others, even in small ways. In whatever way I can. I look for Him everyday in everything I do. I love my life with Him in it.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Cynthia. What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing it. I'm thankful the Lord spared your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary. I have had a few wonderful thin places where I became so close to Him.
    Kindle or no kindle, this has been a wonderful way to honor Him.

    ReplyDelete