Monday, May 23, 2011

A Poem for My Granddaughter

Recently, my family celebrated my granddaughter's birthday. As she turned eleven years old, I couldn't help but reflect on the many wonderful memories I have of watching her grow. And I couldn't help feeling a bit nervous (as parents and grandparents do), watching her move into the pre-teen phase and wondering what is next for her.

As thoughts ran through my head I was inspired to write this little poem. I hope you enjoy reading it:-)

                                         Challenges

When challenged with adversity
Strength becomes our friend
For without it, we will surely see
The beginning to an end

End of what? You may ask
Let me tell you, now
Our bubbly spirit, loving heart
And all else that may follow

We are not, meant to be
The beaded shell they see
A shine that comes from the glow within
Is what is meant to be

When in doubt of this truth
Look into your heart
You will see the answers there
Indeed, you are very smart

So, be strong even though
Life seems sometimes hard
You have all you need to know
You are who you are

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your little grand daughter, Cindy! I bet she felt so special! You are a good Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I agree with Chris. Very lovely. Everyone should have a wonderful grandma like you in their life. I know I did and I'm very grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete