Friday, November 6, 2009

Day Six in NaNoWorld

How is everyone doing out there in NaNoWriMo land?

I think I have experienced just about every emotion you could imagine and sometimes it feels like I'm banging my head against a wall.

What about you?

So, why do we do it? Very good question!

This, being my first year, participating in NaNoWriMo, I have learned so much about myself.

I have learned:

1. I can discipline myself to keep writing without looking back. (no, editing, very hard for me to do)
2. I can develop a writing routine.
3. I can become one with my keyboard.
4. My Muse is there for me.
5. I can live without watching television.

All these things I have learned. And following, are the most important:

6. I am not just going through a phase.
7. I really do want to write.
8. I really do love to write.
9. I will continue to write.

And

10. I am a writer.

All of this in only 6 days. What are some things you have learned?
Good...Bad...Serious or Hilarious!

I would love to know.....please comment.

Happy nanoing, my friends.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,

    This is my first year doing it as well and have found it such an eyeopener. I am using it as a way of writing fearlessly and like you have learned that
    1: I can write without editing,
    2: that its okay to get it all out and worry about it later
    3: I am a writer
    4: The more I write, the more I want to write
    5: The more obstacles that come my way, the more I have become sure that this is what I want to do
    6: That something I'm not sure about at the time sounds Really Good later
    7: How to ignore the doubt demons
    8: I can actually fit 1667 words into any mad kind of day.

    So much already! Here's to all of us!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison,
    Thank you so much for commenting. Isn't it amazing what we can do, when are heart is in it?

    I love your #'s 6 & 7

    Yay for us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on that. This is my first year for NaNoWriMo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia,

    I'm not NaNo-ing, but always writing, of course, and I admire your discipline. I have none. When I have time to write, I don't always take it. I'm easily distracted, I love TV, and I live in a house of feline insanity LOL. You seem to have found the thing that inspires your determination, so keep on keeping on -- you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite a challenge, isn't it C.E.?
    Thanks for commenting.


    Thanks for the comment Nikki.
    I didn't know I could be so disciplined. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a worthy cause. While I am not writing novels, I have been writing feverishly nonetheless for all the reasons you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Robert, it is a worthy cause. Anything to get the young folk writing and reading is worth the time and effort.

    Thank you for visiting and your comment. Keep writing and follow your dreams.

    ReplyDelete