Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Online Writing Tools

As a new writer, I have been searching the web to find anything I can that will enhance my writing process and technique. Here are a few tools that I have come across that helped me move forward and fuel my passion for writing.

An exercise for procrastinating writers: http://procrastinatingwritersblog.com/write-everyday/

A great source for word origin: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?l=a

An online utility that will check readability and detects complicated vocabulary within your project: http://www.online-utility.org/

~~~~~~~~

To hone my creativity, I have connected with a wonderful and knowledgeable creativity coach named Julie Isaac. I happened upon her website, www.writingspirit.com while doing a little web surfing one day. Her site has given me the opportunity to learn so much and to be privy to interviews with other writers, authors and publishers.

I have finished the "1st draft" of my novel. Thanks to Julie for taking me (this writer wannabe) and giving me the confidence I needed to accomplish a dream.

4 comments:

  1. Cynthia, Good luck with your blog and your novel. Blogging is a great way to connect with other writers and there are some truly generous ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I have learned so much from the writing community. You are, right on, when you speak of their generosity.
    I appreciate you taking the time to comment.
    Thanks again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your blog. You have a great, and different, perspective on writing. Would ethereal be an appropriate to describe your posts? I hope we can connect in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert,

    Thank you for your beautiful and kind words. I do believe the writing process is ethereal. It comes from within and while the mechanics of writing are also very important, you still must reach inside your heart and soul.

    I am doing NaNoWriMo this month, so I will be scrambling to finish. www.nanowrimo.org

    Thank you for visiting,

    ReplyDelete